Discovering the 7th Continent
Feb 6-16, 2020
Explore the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula in comfort. A charter flight ushers
you from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia prior to embarkation. Once on board, you’ll marvel at the
marine life and the myriad of seabirds swooping in close to show off just for you.
As you cross the Drake Passage and near the northernmost tip of the 7th Continent, prepare to be dwarfed by massive, glistening icebergs and the looming peninsula—the most pristine region on the planet. Rediscover your adventurous spirit: scramble just a little higher up that peak, kayak between ice floes, or share a pebbly beach with curious penguins. A part of you will always stay here, but the experience will remain in your heart after you reluctantly leave.
- Explore the most remote corner of the earth
- Travel safely and comfortably aboard an ice-strengthened expedition vessel
- Learn about the environment and wildlife from on-board lecturers and specialists
- Experience abundant wildlife: penguins, seals, whales and more
- Set out on an adventure like no other!
Learn all about this tour and the Women's Travel Club -
This interactive online presentation will give you an overview of the Women's Travel Club and what makes us different plus an indepth look at this fantastic tour.
Highlights and Inclusions
- 1 Nights first class accommodations
- 9 Nights shipboard accommodations
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board
- Beer and wine during dinner
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by an experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by the expedition team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Photography guide on the Expedition Team
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Walking poles and snowshoes (when applicable) provided at each landing
- An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Comprehensive predeparture materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- Group transfer from the hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
- Return flight from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
- Group transfer from the Ushuaia airport to the ship and return
- Combined airport transfer and express bus tour of Tierra del Fuego National Park after disembarkation
- Women's Travel Club leader
This tour can be combined with our Chile & Argentina Tour to become a Grand Tour. Grand Tours offer an exceptional experience for an in depth tour of an area. By combining these two tours you can enjoy a seamless tour of both destinations while only having one international flight.